Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

A perfect day yesterday for kite flying. We went to the field across the street on the SLCC campus and Jacob loved it. Not only did he love seeing his kite in the air, but he even laughed whenever it crashed into the ground. We had a lot of fun.
Jacob and Daddy reigning in the kite. Jacob got to the point that he could do it on his own.

It took awhile to get the kite ready for flying (we had some string issues) so Jacob played with the tails that were flapping around, and found that very entertaining.

Wrestling with the string. We ended up doing some cutting and tying. Yay for Bryon's knot-tying abilities. I knew being an Eagle scout was good for something.




Yeah, Jacob's not actually flying the kite here. But he's having fun holding the handle while Daddy tied knots.

Love this.
PS- We just got back last week from our trip to Phoenix. I'll post about it soon.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE the first picture. We flew kites on Saturday, but no good pictures - too gusty.

So, I haven't had the baby, yet...if you want to visit :)

Kevin and Eliza said...

Super cute! HOW FUN!

Sarah said...

How fun! I should do that with my girls. Is that a moby D wrap you have for Leila? I have a regular moby that I got when Lizzy was born. I LOVE it.

Kami said...

I dont think I will be able to, so if you are unavailable it would be ok. :) We do need to get together and you need to pick out some ribbons. I probably need to too. I finally can get hannah's hair into pigtails! I am so excited.

Karyn said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am glad to know that you are reading it. I read yours too, but as you can tell, I am not the best at posting comments either. We will have to try to do better. We would love to get together with you too. We really wait too long when we don't live so far from each other. It's crazy! I loved the kite pictures. It looked like you had a lot of fun. If I didn't comment about your haircut way back when, I think you look beautiful. It is a really flattering cut on you. I am impressed by how much you did for Valentine's Day. Maybe some day, I will get good at holidays too. Keep commenting occasionally. I love to hear from you!