Friday, October 23, 2009

New House!

On October 1 we moved in to our new house in Riverton, Utah. We're so excited to have more space (lots of storage, more bedrooms, a bigger yard) and we love the neighborhood. It's in the Copper Creek Estates development, just south of Daybreak, and it's surrounded by jogging paths and parks. We live on a cul-de-sac and I think every house on the street has little kids. Jacob is overwhelmed by all the new friends he encounters outside and at the playground.

Here's our little family in front of our new house. Sorry it took so long to get a post up! If it's any consolation, I still have an alarming number of boxes that need to be unpacked, so at least I didn't make you wait longer! Getting settled in a new house is fun and challenging, all at the same time.


We haven't attended our new ward yet, but we've met several neighbors, who were all extremely friendly. There are apparently over a hundred children in primary (compared to 15 in the ward we just left!) so that will be a big change. We wanted to move into a neighborhood where our kids could grow up with other kids their age, and we've definitely found it. So far we're loving it. We love visitors (we even have a guest room now!) so if any of you want to come see the house, we'd love to have you!

In less happy news, the buyers for our old house in Taylorsville weren't able to get an FHA loan, so they backed out right after their closing deadline. We're kind of in limbo right now with figuring out what to do. It has to do with the classification of our home on various tax documents and county records, so Bryon's been playing paper sleuth this last week. We're hoping we might still be able to make it work with these buyers, but most likely we'll have to put it back on the market. If you know anyone looking for a conveniently-located starter home, send them our way!
PS- Leila is one (!) and we just had family pictures done, so those posts will be up shortly.

5 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful home. I'm so happy for you guys.

Carin said...

Cute house! I didn't even know you were moving!?! Cute pics too of your kids on Tati's blog. :)

Kami said...

Very cute! Congrats on the new house!! It was good to talk to you the other day. :) 100 is so much better than 15. Jacob and Leila will love it!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your house! It looks really beautiful. Jason and I have driven around those neighborhoods before when we were looking for a home, and they seemed really great. We'll definitely have to come visit you!

Erin said...

How cute. And I love your orange and brown shirts. We're still looking... I think buying a house is like planning a wedding. I always thought I'd want to do it, but now I just want to get it over with.