Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Fun


Halloween is my favorite holiday (I think it has to do with the candy), so normally I get really into it. But, with Leila and all we haven't given Halloween the homage it deserves.

In an attempt to rectify that, here are some pictures of Jacob doing the pumpkin thing.
We took Jacob to this pumpkin patch near our house to pick out his pumpkin. He didn't understand the purpose, but he was excited because he likes pumpkins.
Every pumpkin he saw was Jacob's favorite, so he ended up "choosing" the one Daddy handed to him.

Yes, of course that blue paint ended up on his shirt. But I was impressed by how long he went actually putting it on the pumpkin. And still, it was less messy than carving would have been.


Here we have the finished product. Jacob loves everything Cookie Monster, so this was our best attempt at a Cookie Monster pumpkin.


Yesterday we visited Engh Gardens in Midvale with Grandma Poulter, Jacob's cousins, Cade and Ambree, and his Aunts Bethany and Trenda. It was really sunny, so the pictures didn't turn out great, but Jacob is the ghost on the left, above.

A close-up of Jacob as a witch.

He has a ways to go before he's a 7-foot scarecrow.

Jacob was very entertained by the hay bale maze. I told him we could go through one last time before we left, so when he got to the end, he turned around and ran all the way back through to the beginning. Clever boy.

They had a big pirate ship that Jacob had fun running around and climbing on.


By far the favorite attraction was the train. Jacob watched it for probably 15 minutes, completely spellbound. He enjoyed predicting when it would come through the tunnel.

2 comments:

Horner Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Your family looks great! I love the family pictures at the top. Leila is adorable! I'm so glad that you left a comment on my blog...I'd misplaced your address.

Riley Chemistry said...

Jacob is so cute! I love him in that 1st picture w/ the pumpkin and I love his cookie monster. I hope you guys have fun at the halloween party, we won't be able to make it, but will be thinking of all of you!
-tatiana